Ready to hunt and stop cyber threats from destroying business?
We have an exciting new opportunity for a cybersecurity professional to join our start up as in an intern role that will help businesses have the threat intelligence they need to stop cyber attacks that could severely damage their business.
Cyber Threat Analyst - Intern Role
We are looking for an intern Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to be responsible for providing research and reports into cyber threats, vulnerabilities, campaigns, and incidents as discovered partially through the intelligence platform and mostly complementing manual research. The analyst will also assist the Lead Analysts in publishing timely and actionable alerts, analysis and threat reports to help customers prepare for and mitigate the risk of a cyber-attack.
The role includes significant technical and non-technical cyber intelligence research and analysis for the creation of new security tools, whitepapers and blog articles for publication.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Lead Cyber Threat Analyst in performing open source threat identification and collection activities on deep, dark and open web. This is achieved using a combination of Threat Essentials' automated platform and manual analysis with open source tools. Key accountabilities also include:
- Providing subject matter expertise on actual or anticipated cyber-attacks taking place to assist customers in their proactive risk management, mitigation and control.
- Providing thorough assessments of existing and emerging cyber-attack tools, techniques and procedures such as new exploits, droppers, rats, obfuscation techniques and trojanised code.
- ·Identifing credible, new intelligence and perform threat assessments to emerging threat actors.
- Providing subject matter expertise on cyber threats to support current analytic operations and initiatives, such as supporting customers, writing short blog articles, supporting technical research for white papers.
- Demonstrating and maintaining mature OpSec in the application of technical tools and procedures for analysts and organisational safety, such as application of cryptographic tools, tor, secure deletion, separation of roles and infrastructure monitoring.
- Creating written and verbal intelligence reports and summaries for customer and research articles.
- Developing and present key findings to senior technical and non-technical leadership.
- Establishing and maintaining links with other threat analysts within the cyber intelligence community.
- MSc or higher in Information Security preferred.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience with Linux and Open Source security tools are essential, preference given for active open source committers or security tools writers in any language.
- Experience in analysing malware, hacking tools, and threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures to characterise threat actors’ technical methods for accomplishing their missions.
- Understanding of indicators of compromise (IOC) and threat hunting using opensource tools.